What happens if you make a mistake in a previous year’s payroll?

To correct a mistake made in a previous tax year an earlier year update will be required.

An Earlier Year Update is a notification to HMRC informing them that the figures sent to them on a RTI report for a previous tax year were wrong.

If you made a mistake it could affect the amount of PAYE due to HMRC.

You might have to correct:

  • pay or deductions

  • payment dates

  • start or leaving dates for your employee

  • employee information

  • reports sent in advance

  • National Insurance category letters

  • amounts in your Employer Payment Summary (EPS)

If you’re still not sure or don’t feel comfortable RollPay provide an earlier year update service.

Contact us today for an informal chat on 0800 1310131 or email sales@rollpay.co.uk

Sign up to our newsletter...
  • LinkedIn - White Circle
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle

RollPay Bureau Limited  & RPCIS Limited Melbourne Court, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8LZ

Tel 0800 131 0 131 Email sales@rollpay.co.uk

All prices are plus VAT

All content Copyright © 2012-2021 RollPay Bureau Limited